Saturday, August 6, 2011

866-849-3243

866-849-3243
So what is their purpose? I received a call also, couldn't answer. The vm simple said "thank you". So I returned the call. Same message stating they will call me back. What is their purpose and what do they gain from this????This number called my cell phone today. The pre-recorded voice told me to go to merchant circle dot com to see my business review online. Okay, I'll bite... unfortunately there was no information about my phone number like the voice told me there would be.I got a call from this number 866-849-3243. They stated my first name, middle initial and last name, said it was "not a solicitation" and then said they were calling from macys, asked me to call this number 18005113207. When I called that number, it didn't sound like the normal recording that I get when I call to check on my credit account, so i hung up. I looked up the number 800-511-3207 and found several postings from people saying that they rcvd a similar call and when they called that number someone asked them for their account number and the last four of their social security number??? Sounds pretty fishy.... I have decided not to answer ANY 800 # calls ever again, and ONLY to call the numbers displayed on my billing statements. I think it would be wise for everyone else to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment