Saturday, August 6, 2011

406-224-9078

406-224-9078
I got a call from this number today (866)849-3243. It was not Macy's or any other collection agency.
according to the robot that spoke when I answered. The message said that my business (I own a small business) had received a review from a customer at merchantcircle.com and to go there if I wanted to see the review. Of coarse I want to see the review! I went and there were no reviews. They just wanted me to sign up and pay them to advertise. I DO NOT appreciate this sales tactic. I looked all over the website for a contact # but found none, and I'm not emailing. I don't need any more spam. I called the number back and got a recording. No chance to talk to a person or leave a message.Just received a call from these people (automated). Merchant Circle is the name of the company, and they do that bogus "you just got a rating from a customer" crap. What it really is, is an attempt to get you to sign up for their ridiculous service. We have never been listed with them, ever.

I called back and got an automated message answering service, which had directions for removing one's phone number from their 'to call' list. Note that you must call back from the same line that they called you on, otherwise that phone number will not be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment