Saturday, August 6, 2011

555-555-1212

555-555-1212
555-555-1212

Once I saw "Tollfree Number" on the caller ID, I knew not to answer it. No call from any "Tollfree Number" has ever been someone our business needs to talk to.
They left the same message as above on our voicemail: "Someone has given your business a rating! Go to merchantcircle.com and enter your phone number in the blue box to view this rating!"
I wouldn't dare go to their scammy website - who knows what viruses, spyware, etc. could be lurking there. And I'm certainly not calling them back - they'll probably just note that there is a responsive human at this phone number and continue to call or sell the number to other stupid scams. I will continue to screen "Tollfree Number" on the caller ID in the hopes that they'll give up and quit calling. I am absolutely fed up with time-wasting, illegal scams like these!Just received a call from this number. They called our business line. Told me that we had a favorable rating from one of our customers through a report filed with merchantcircle.com. I have never heard of them. They asked me to log on to above cite to retrieve the information. I just don't see that happening! Who are these people? I read some of the other comments...we have never had a Macy's card. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment